Tuesday, 28 August 2007

a room of one's own




Virginia Woolf famously wrote that women should have a room of their own. So here is my room - well, one corner of it. (And, yes D, I have kind of taken it over.) This is where I write my novel, and stare out the window watching birds nibble at the bottle brush tree. The desk is in the "Caper" room - you'll know what I'm talking about if you've got the latest issue of Real Living, which features my flat. The October issue also has the Sydney/Melbourne travel diary I wrote recently.

2 comments:

Sarah Moffett said...

Ironically, I am just now reading Ginny's A Room Of One's Own, and her (and your) observation is absolutely true, albeit separated by almost 80 years. "A woman must have money and a room of her own to write fiction." So true. Now if only that was all it took. Cheers to writing adventures.

Anna said...

I completely agree with Virginia Woolf and in my thoughts it must be absolutely beautiful!
XO
Anna

Related Posts with Thumbnails