Saturday, 27 October 2007

creative homes






I'm taking a bit of a risk with this post. I'm off to a birthday party later this evening and want to chat about the gift I bought for my friend. So, Fleur, I hope you're not reading this! (I figure she's busy having a special birthday lunch and chilling out today.) I always find it so hard to buy gifts for people because I HATE giving something that doesn't mean anything. The present must correspond to the person and, I have to admit, be something that I like too (something that I'm happy and proud to give). Often the question I ask myself is, "Would I want to receive this as a gift?" The presents you would buy yourself are usually the best ones to give. So when I was looking for a great interiors book for my friend Fleur, I decided to buy Creative Homes: Inside the Private Worlds of Australia's Style Makers, edited by Karen McCartney (who is also editor of interiors mag Inside Out). It has so many beautiful homes that I hope my friend finds it inspiring as she decorates her flat (she bought one in Paddington earlier this year). But I have to say, it's hard to find an interiors book that isn't hardback (ie, very expensive) and yet still something you'd be proud to place on your coffee table. The other book I had in mind was Home Is Where the Heart Is by Ilse Crawford, which we use as a reference book at work. But do you think anyone had it in stock!!!

1 comment:

youtube.com/debbje said...

wow u have a nice blog!!!!really

mine is very new!

Related Posts with Thumbnails